Truck World MCI - Canadian Authorities / Permits, US Authorities, Drug and Alcohol Testing
     Total Visitors Count::0073
Your one-stop-shop for all North American running rights & transportation related needs --- CONTACT US AT 905 362 0325
Member Login
Login to:

Office Hours
Mon To Fri: 9.00 AM to 5.30 PM
Sat: Closed
Sun: Closed


Motor carriers operating a motor vehicle in New York State, are subject to certain taxes and related licensing and record keeping requirement administered by the New York State Tax Department.

New York State imposes a truck mileage tax on motor carriers operating certain motor vehicles on New York State public highways. The truck mileage tax is not imposed on travel on the portions of the New York State Thruway for which a toll is charged.

The Truck mileage tax is a weight-distance tax, computed based on mileage traveled by motor vehicles on New York State public highways at a rate determined by the weight of the motor vehicle.

Before operating a motor vehicle on New York State’s public highways, a carrier must get a permit for each vehicle. To do this, a carrier must file an application for a Highway Use Tax (HUT) permit with the New York State Tax Department and pay the appropriate permit fee.

A carrier who is issued a HUT Permit, must file Form MT-903, Highway Use Tax Return, and pay the truck mileage tax on the taxable miles traveled in the New York State by the vehicles using those permits. The carrier must file Form MT-903 starting with the calendar quarter when operations began in this state.

<< Back to Product & Services page

Truck World MCI
1 User online
TruckWorld MCI